Friday, December 30, 2022

Wurm Unlimited and RL Update

Feeling: Fried Working: N/A Listening: N/A
Playing: N/A Watching: N/A Weather: Cloudy

I have no energy so here's a quick update.
Server support ran me around in circles for an entire 24 hours before telling me they couldn't touch the server because I laid into them for disabling a huge mod (that would absolutely corrupt the database) without asking me first...
But that's not the worst of the issues.
I told them going in that the console was showing errors and asked them to look at them.
Rather than look at them they aggressively pushed "download this external software and run tests on your server and give us your IP"..
Which -- guys I've owned servers, I've helped with servers, I've been on server teams before. This was bizarre.
Like- why was I having to do this- why couldn't they do this?
But even moreso- why was it that they dodged the topic of "the console has errors" every time I brought it up.
Then rather than checking the console- they just decided it's best to migrate the server over to another machine.
And as you can guess- : | It did not fix anything.
So they've washed their hands clean and my players are being overly patient.
We're all talking about moving to GTX today.

The whole thing had me so stressed out that I decided that yesterday was the day I'd start to try to replace some of my things that desperately need to be even though I'm terrified of spending money with the way the economy is.
I'm weirdly excited and terrified because I replaced my underwear and bought two shirts.